field of dreams

Monday, March 31, 2008

I cannot

I cannot say “our” if I live only for myself in a spiritual, watertight compartment.
I cannot say “Father” if I do not endeavor each day to act like His child.
I cannot say “who art in heaven” if I am laying up no treasure there.
I cannot say “hallowed be Thy name” if I am not striving for holiness.
I cannot say “Thy kingdom come” if I am not doing all in my power to hasten that wonderful day.
I cannot say “Thy will be done” if I am disobedient to His Word.
I cannot say “on earth as it is in heaven” if I will not serve Him here and now.
I cannot say “give us... our daily bread” if I am dishonest or an “under-the-counter” shopper.
I cannot say “forgive us our debts” if I harbor a grudge against anyone.
I cannot say “lead us not into temptation” if I deliberately place myself in its path.
I cannot say “deliver us from evil” if I do not put on the whole armor of God.
I cannot say “Thine is the kingdom” if I do not give to the King the loyalty due Him as a faithful subject.
I cannot attribute to Him “the power” if I fear what men may do.
I cannot ascribe to Him “the glory” if I am seeking honor only for myself.
I cannot say “forever” if the horizon of my life is bounded completely by the things of time.

An unknown author.. quoted by John MacArthur in Drawing Near

posted by joys at Monday, March 31, 2008

<< Home

My Memory Lane


A gem cannot be polished without friction; nor a man perfect without trails


Joys Yong











I live in this world for surprises,
parties, Love and laughter.

This blog manages my random
thoughts, nonsensical mumblings and precious memories. Photos here shows snippets of my life, revolving mostly around myself, my girlies, kairos
and God. I guess at the age of 20, everyone is partying away showing their drinking/smoking photos in stunning outfits and makeup while I am just the opposite. I would prefer sitting over chocolate shakes with cakes, apple crumble or even ice cream: reminiscence of old time, enjoying the ambience and the company.

My other past times are reading a good book under the cover and fall asleep,admiring my braces, painting my nails,watching Man United play, late nights,shopping swimming and just doing nothing. I also enjoy good quotations especially those from C.S.Lewis Oh yar,I love to bake and hopefully, one day I will open a café.